The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program for Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American and Pacific Islander students. The scholarship award recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of full-time undergraduate students pursuing a degree that may lead to a career in the actuarial profession. Scholarships range from $1,000-$4,000. Each applicant must fulfill all the requirements listed below:
Actuarial Diversity Scholarship
Promoting Diversity – Actuarial Diversity Scholarship
- Must have at least one birth parent who is a member of one of the following minority groups:
- Black/African American,
- Native North American,
- Pacific Islander.
- Enrolling as or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a U.S. accredited educational institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), emphasis on math or actuarial courses.
- Entering college freshmen must have a minimum ACT math score of 28 or SAT math score of 620.
- Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession.
Apply for this scholarship
- Applications open: November 1st
- This award cycle covers the 2019-2020 period.
The number of scholarship awards and the amount of awards may vary.