John Hanson Memorial Grant Recipients Announced
John Hanson Memorial Grant Recipients Announced!
We are proud to announce the 2018-19 John Hanson Memorial Math Grant recipients! After a review of all applications, The Actuarial Foundation selected five educators from across the United States for this year’s John Hanson Memorial Educator Math Grants. Each recipient will receive a $500 grant to help conduct an activity, run an event, or purchase materials that will enhance their math classroom and help them use the Modeling the Future Challenge to engage and excite their students about mathematics!
The 2018-19 grant recipients are:
- Jake Crawley, Manara Leadership Academy, Irving, Texas
- Natalie Johnson, Metea Valley High School, Aurora, Illinois
- Nikki Kennedy, Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Carole Ng, Santa Teresa High School, San Jose, California
- Christopher Pakdel, St. Anthony High School, Long Beach, California
This year’s applications presented many educators who were so deserving of the support from the John Hanson Memorial Grant. We are thrilled to see such enthusiasm for the Modeling the Future Challenge and look forward to seeing how each of these educators apply this support to enhance their teaching of mathematics through the MTF Challenge!